Frizzy hair or curly hair are often very difficult to care for. Curly and rough hair are difficult to comb and maintain. It becomes difficult for people with frizzy hair to flaunt their favorite hairstyle.
Hair is made up of thousands of cells and 3 layers. The hair cuticle looks like a shingles roof. When the hair is smooth, shingles lie flat, but after brushing the dry curly hair, the shingles life up making it look frizzy
CAUSES OF FRIZZY HAIR
- Not eating a balanced diet and drinking enough water.
- Not enough oil production on scalp.
- Not choosing right type of hair product.
- Certain medications.
- Chemical hair treatments
SYMPTOMS OF FRIZZY HAIR
Instead of smooth and dry, hair appears dry and frizzy.
FRIZZY HAIR AYURVEDIC TREATMENT
• Raktavah strotas chikitsa
• Asthimajjavah chikitsa
• Manas chikitsa
• Vata dosh chikitsa
DIET RECOMMENDATIONS (AAHAR)
- Include foods such as eggs, beans fish, low fat cheese, yeast, soybean, and yoghurt which will help in proper hair growth.
- Increased intake of iron as it is essential for hemoglobin and blood formation. Increase the quantity of raisins, dates, green vegetables, etc.
- Avoid foods responsible for thinning of hair. These are animal protein, excessive raw food, tofu, tomatoes, burger, cold, spicy, sugary foods, fried foods, caffeine, carbonated drinks, etc.
- A lettuce and spinach juice helps in encouraging hair growth
LIFESTYLE CHANGES (VIHAR)
- Avoid brushing hair after it dries. It disrupts cuticle of the hair and stretches the hair causing it to break. After a shower towel dry the hair and brush with either a comb or finger-comb it.
- Once the hair is dry, wet hands and finger-comb them. Since frizzy hair is dry, water helps in tackling the frizz.
- Apply a bit of hair conditioner to the tips of the hair.
- Conditioner containing proteins help in managing frizz and creating a shine.
- Straighteners will lead to brittle hair causing it to break.
- Since frizzy hair is dry, it is necessary to moisturize it. Use either a conditioner or natural oil to moisturize the hair.
- Avoid curling irons, flat irons and other heat sources on the hair.
- A round brush helps in smoothing the cuticles.
- Blow dry on the roots of the hair instead of the hair shaft and tips.
- Use alcohol-free products on the hair, as alcohol dries out the hair making it look frizzy.